Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tonight, I Take Over the World

I slapped the side of my tank and sent it

sailing to the floor to its crystal shattering.

Now, my talons touch the tile.

My nose senses doughnut breath,

and a fat man reading My New Christmas Sweater

breathes gloppy gusts into the room.

My tongue tastes his toxins,

as it flicks the air with its fingering motion.

Now is a good time to remember the music

that I had heard under the buzzing of my lamp,

and just the thought of it

makes my spines tingle and shoot upwards

to the ceiling.

My eyes are red.

I tiptoe to the maniac that placed me in that cube,

his headphones keep him silent like jello.

Then I climb up behind him on a small shelf,

slowly advancing my armored nose into his temple.

His head is soft and warm like a spoiled egg

but it smells like baby shampoo,

and,

quickly,

I flick out my cold-blooded hello.


No comments:

Post a Comment